So I'm posting this a day late. I certainly hope that is not a habit I get into!! But yesterday, we took a little trip with our study abroad program and all the students to Lago di Montignano, which is the base of some inactive volcano. My roommates and I are making strides in our punctuality slowly, but surely. We only arrived 5 minutes late yesterday! woooooo! And we made it on the first bus that left for the lake!
The lake was kind of annoying because we were stuck there for 7 hours +. It really felt like college orientation all over again with the splitting up into groups, telling everyone our goals and initial reactions, and even playing those annoying ice breaker games that I hate. But aside from that, we had a bunch of free time where I was able to just relax and get a little bronzed. I went paddle boating and swimming! The bottom of the lake was nasty, but it was so hot that I sacrificed stepping in mush.
We came back and I was absolutely starving, so I whipped up some pasta with tomatoes (not blog worthy). Then I realized, Alessia, my Italian roommate was making us dinner. soooo I had to eat AGAIN. She made ravioli that was literally sitting in two melted sticks of butter, lamb, and a salad. Her German boyfriend came over for dinner, too. It was really fun, but I feel super large this morning. Time to plan out my day!
Beautiful lake! Glad you got to go swimming!
ReplyDeleteloving all these postings -- especially your honesty about the complaining. feeling like im right there with you! haha
ReplyDelete