Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Campo di Fiori

Today was my day to explore the Campo di Fiori area. Campo di Fiori is closer to the Tiber than to the center of Rome.
It is relatively close to where I live compared to everything else in Rome. I walked with one of my roommates to IES because she had a meeting about an internship. Then after that it was time to explore! We went in so many little shops that were so fun to look at! I think I even stumbled upon the Italian leather boots that I want. I will be back for those when it stops being 95 degrees everyday.

During our window shopping extravaganza, I got so hungry. We stopped at this amazing bakery called Il Fournio, which is right next to Campo. I got an eggplant focaccia, which was sooo good. And then my roommate and I went crazy and tried some of the bakery's confections. They all looked so good, but I settled on a nutella filled mini croissant and a giant truffle looking thing.
What is pictured above was disappointingly not very good. I had one bite and threw it out. There was some weird flavoring going on. I was kind of mad, but I got over it.
Next stop was Campo di Fiori. It was kind of shutting down when we got there, but most of the markets were still open. They had everything from vegetables and crepes to souvenir t-shirts and pate.
I was extremely full after this, so we walked around a little before Italian class and found a nice park. Well it wasn't so nice, it was swarming with dirty pigeons and sleeping homeless men. But it had a nice fountain that I took a picture of!
Buonanotte!

No comments:

Post a Comment