Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 6

Today was a very long and productive day. I woke up around 10 (after ignoring my alarm at 8) and decided that I would go for a run around my favorite park. I honestly love running there. There are so many little families that go and just sit and look at the beautiful view. One of my roommates, Marielle, decided she wanted to go with me. I'm so excited I have a running buddy now! After our little run, we came back and took off for the Vatican.

We walked for an hour to get there, which wasn't the most pleasant experience because it was all uphill and about 95 degrees out. I sure hope no one was disturbed by how much I was sweating. We walked through this huge park to get there that has the best views of Rome. Even better than my favorite park!
Next stop was St. Peter's Basilica. We got a little lost on our way there, but nothing too serious. We just probably could have done it in 10 minutes less time. When we arrived at St. Peter's, we noticed the huge line to get in and decided it would be better to come back when the tourist season isn't as bad. So we just took a few pictures and called it a day.
The buildings here are so amazing. Even if we didn't get to go in, I'm still glad I made the trip to see it today.

After that excursion, Marielle and I went to a little pizzeria and split a margherita pizza. Then we had our first Italian class! It wasn't too bad or confusing and our professor is really great. After that two and half hour class, we came home and snacked and then made dinner and are way too much chocolate. Can't wait to work that off tomorrow during my run!

Arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment